What is INSPIA?
Agriculture faces many challenges. It has to produce more food, feed and other raw materials to satisfy the increasing demands of a growing population. Agriculture must also contribute to economic prosperity and social well-being, while protecting natural resources such as soil, water and biodiversity.
The INSPIA project will demonstrate sustainable agriculture through the implementation of Best Management Practices (BMPs) and the measurement and monitoring of progress with a set of defined indicators.
INSPIA promotes sustainable management practices for agriculture that protect the ecosystems services provided by biodiversity, and contribute to safeguarding the soil and water resources on which sustainable agricultural productivity depends.
- Demonstrate that BMPs help to achieve sustainability in European agriculture.
- Provide an index of farm sustainability based on a set of verifiable indicators.
- Create a farm network to enable the validation, demonstration and communication of BMPs.
- Promote sustainable agricultural practices.
- Raise awareness among EU stakeholders.